Sunday, September 7, 2008

Orange Lady

Today I sat on my stoop and had a smoke. I had an anthology of American Literature in my lap and was reading Daisy Miller. A few bugs bit me. My room is on the first floor, the window to the right of our porch if you're looking at the house. I heard a crash come from my room but thought nothing of it. Later on, I came inside and saw that my wall hangings had fallen down, cause unknown.

There is no way to know, but it probably went something like this:
The cheaply framed photo of John Lennon in front of the Statue of Liberty fell off the wall. As it came crashing down it took out an orange statuette of a woman's face (I think she may be Indian) that was hanging directly below it.

I found a whole mess in a confused pile on my desk upon entering the room. I've hung everything back up now, but I'm a little concerned as to how long they will hold.

Otherwise, today was somewhat uneventful. This entry is meant to serve as an introduction to myself and my writing. I hope to use this blog to make my work accessible to anyone interested.

No comments: