Friday, December 12, 2008

An Open Welcome to Friday, and a See-You-Next-Week to Thursday.

Is love the blood of the universe?

Life flows through us, within and without us, and I imagine every pulsating organ, its own vital factory. And then we are real. Some mornings when I wake I take a moment and realize that I am seeing the world as if my eyes have turned to fish bowls in which my pupils can swing on a hinge and look in every direction. The day breathes on me and I am alive!

Last night I drank too much and I leaned on a friend’s shoulder and there was some memory of a voice echoing in my head and it read like a mantra and felt as if it were the deepest of truths but I came to find that it was really just some clever rhyme to remember at an inconvenient time…. “Beer before liquor. Never been….” To Europe! And I had never been there and the voice in my head knew and I realized it was mine and it rocked me up and down, and from side to side. The Earth could be uninhabited.

That was a momentary shift in consciousness, inward.
Last night I dreamed and I could see everything happening to me transferring to my brain as I slept and goodness I remember my dreams and I worship the REM cycle! By day, I saw my best friend caring for her pregnant sister and I swelled with every emotion that means something beautiful is happening and in my dream there were awful horror movies, terrifyingly crude and terrible, but I could look away because my best friend and I were surrogate mothers to the same batch of children and we held hands and knew that everything was beautiful.

That is exactly what I mean.

The universe is a giant body or a heart or a moment and it pulsates and moves and it is a functioning massive being and love flows through it and makes it go. I know it to be the most natural state of existence, to love, and it flows through us and we are hearts and skin and fingertips. We embrace and push away but most of all we embrace, or should. And I love every child spilling out of the womb and into this earth and if the universe is living then there are bustling worlds of dust and static between every planet and there love exists too, even if life forms do not. Love transcends and arches over all else. Love becomes us.

No comments: